A former Midwest City (Okla.) Family Dentistry employee Carla Wynn was charged with stealing patients’ credit card information to pay court and phone bills, according to KFOR.
Here are six things to know about Carla Wynn:
1. The Oklahoma Board of Dentistry began investigating after an initial complaint from Midwest City Family Dentistry that an employee was potentially stealing patients’ credit care information.
2. Investigators found the former employee may have stolen patient’s credit card information during her time as an office worker at Gentle Family Dentistry in Norman, Calif.
3. According to court documents, she used the dentist’s credit card to pay her family’s court fees and made phone bill payments while at Gentle Family Dentistry.
4. Court documents also allege the former Gentle Family Dentistry employee stole patient information and made two $500 charges to a California bill-pay service.
5. The former employee has prior convictions, including concealing stolen property, false personation, uttering bogus checks and uttering false instruments.
6. A warrant is out for her arrest. She is charged with embezzlement and identity theft.
Have questions or concerns about your practice? Call us toll-free at 888-398-2327 or click HERE.
content retrieved from https://www.beckersdental.com/dentists/34017-oklahoma-dental-employee-charged-for-stealing-patient-s-credit-card-info-6-things-to-know.html