At Prosperident we often hear: “I don’t have embezzlement concerns, but I’d like to know what steps I should be taking to make sure that my office has a system in place to protect me from potential threats in the future?” We have answered that question by developing our Office Protection System or OPS® service which is available only from Prosperident and unlike anything else in the industry. All of the tools you’ll need to make your practice efficient and secure are now readily available and easy for you to use, thanks to OPS®.
What is OPS®?
OPS® is a complete and thorough diagnostic review of your practice’s policies, procedures, and systems performed by one of our OPS® Specialists, which we, in turn, evaluate and analyze to determine what is working and what is lacking in your office’s current setup. Based on our specialist’s in-depth review of your existing policies and systems, we make recommendations on what areas need upgrading, elimination, and restructuring to make your office the most efficient and productive place for you to earn your living. OPS® provides you with peace of mind, by ensuring that you have the right office systems in place, and that staff compliance with your policies is measurable.
Our OPS® Specialist will systematically review and analyze all of your office’s policies and procedures, specifically focusing on over 25 of what we consider to be the most important policies and procedures, essential to a healthy, well-functioning practice. At the end of our review, we create a written, detailed report with our observations and recommendations for how to implement the changes we see as necessary to your practice.
A few key features of OPS® include:
• Five, one-time changes you can implement immediately to make your practice more resistant to internal theft.
• Instructions on how to perform a fast and effective day-end review.
• What essential procedures your team must follow, and what you, yourself, should be checking at month-end.
• A comprehensive “how to” on properly screening applicants for positions in your office.
• A detailed review of the security settings in your practice management software.
• And we provide you with a number of policies, in writing, to supplement what you already have and successfully use.
We are 100% confident that using our Office Protection System service is your best bet for establishing policies, procedures, and systems that work as a preventative strike to internal theft in your practice. We will create reliable and straightforward actions specific to your practice and designed to be used on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure that you genuinely have the best office practice procedures in place.
What OPS® is not.
OPS® is not a software program, and it is most assuredly not a 3-ring binder of cookie-cutter recommendations on how to run a dental practice. It is not a gateway to monthly, external monitoring of your practice with an ongoing financial commitment under the guise that you are buying a monthly assurance that all is well with your practice’s front office. OPS® is not a replacement for the services of a reputable dental consultant, accountant or bookkeeper, nor is it a dental embezzlement investigation. OPS® is exactly what its initials stand for; it is an Office Protection System, designed to promote security and staff accountability in the day-to-day operation of your practice.
Who did we design OPS® for?
• Dentists and new dental school grads establishing a brand new office.
• Dentists who are purchasing an established practice who want to ensure that they are not using a predecessor’s unevaluated policies and procedures, especially when the previous practitioner’s staff is retained by the new owner.
• Dentists who know for a fact that they do not have embezzlement issues and want to keep it that way!
• Dental entrepreneurs who are setting up multi-office practices and want to ensure consistency across the board regarding office policy, procedures, and systems.
• Dentists who want to take more control over ensuring that their office policies, procedures, and systems are being adhered to by staff, but who do not wish to unnecessarily give up chair-side hours to become more effective at recognizing whether their team is policy compliant.
• Any dentist who has ever been a victim of embezzlement, no matter how small, who wants to ensure that they are doing all they can to decrease the chances of it happening to them again.
How much does OPS® cost?
The cost of OPS® usually starts at $6,000 for a solo dentist, with the price being slightly more for a group practice. For an accurate quote on implementing OPS® in your office, please contact us and we will ask you a few questions that will enable us to give you a price that reflects your circumstances.
What are you waiting for?
We would love to have the opportunity to talk with you about OPS® and all of the benefits it will provide to your practice. It costs you nothing to have a chat with us about OPS® or any of Prosperident’s other products and services. Just click on the button below, and we will be happy to contact you.
If you are an owner of a multi-site operation, then you are a dental-entrepreneur, and as such, you face a unique set of needs to ensure that all of your locations are in sync when it comes to protecting yourself against the threat of embezzlement.
Whether you have opened each of your locations as a new venture or you have acquired established practices from others, merging offices and ensuring that your team members are using the right policies and procedures and adhering to your specific operational policies can become an often overlooked and daunting task. The need to guarantee consistency in adherence to your policies and procedures in multiple locations is critical, especially if you are planning to continue adding to your network of offices.
We developed OPS® Multi-Office not only to eliminate the “mix and match” policies of practices you have acquired, but we also designed it to establish a reliable system in your new offices so that you will be able to bring all of your sites into one master system, customized to your specific needs.
Once you have employed our OPS® program, you can safely and confidently continue to add additional sites to your business, without the hassle of trying to figure out if the office you have just acquired has come complete with an embezzler on staff. The same is true if you have purchased a practice where the previous owner wasn’t entirely truthful about what they were selling you. If you are establishing multiple offices of your own, OPS® Multi-Office allows you to do so with complete confidence, knowing that all of your locations operate exactly the same.
• An extensive evaluation of all current office policies and practices, to identify and correct deficiencies that leave you vulnerable to internal theft.
• A comprehensive review of both individual office systems, as well as your “Head Office” operations in critical departments such as Purchasing and Human Resources.
• The establishment of an active internal audit function that allows you to safeguard all of your offices against embezzlement.
• Providing a concrete framework for future acquisitions which will help to ensure that you aren’t “buying problems.”
• Access to specialized Prosperident team members with experience working in multi-office practices to provide you with industry best practices, tailored specifically to your practice.
OPS® Multi-Office is designed to help you affordably build powerful and relevant practice systems so that you can focus on your patients while building your network of locations.
Did you know?
Published statistics suggest that 2 out of 3 dental offices will eventually succumb to internal theft, and of that appalling number, some practices will be stolen from MORE THAN ONCE. Sadly, since many embezzlements go undetected or unreported, the actual incidence is probably higher. In the case of multi-office practices, a higher prevalence is guaranteed!
The average embezzler steals over $100,000 before being caught, and the monetary theft only begins to tell the full story, since there are usually additional costs involved in recovery and remediation. Having a system in place to catch a thief in your offices as early as possible is vital.
For more information, click on the Contact Us link at the top of this page.