Litigation Support Services
In litigation matters involving dentists, Prosperident is there to provide expert support for attorneys.
Some of the situations where we can assist are:
- Employee termination matters where the practice owner is looking to build a case for embezzlement or malfeasance on the part of an employee who has been terminated or is about to be.
- “Buyer’s Remorse,” where the purchaser of a practice believes that the seller misrepresented attributes of the practice.
- Disputes between owners of a practice, where misappropriation by one of the owners is an issue.
- Situations where a practice owner hired an independent contractor (e.g., consultant, bookkeeper, or accountant) and is concerned about negligence, misappropriation, or malfeasance on the part of that contractor
- Divorce matters involving dentists, where the maintainable income of the practice is in dispute.
We can help with:
- Determination of factual matters when facts are in dispute
- Assistance with the application of legal and contractual concepts to the dental context
- Provision of expert reports and expert witness testimony
- Analysis of, and rebuttal of, opposing expert reports
- Assistance with the development of discovery requests and deposition questions
- Analysis of information contained in practice management software
- Information recovery if passwords are lost or changed without authorization