Our Owner Proactive Strategies product was developed because we regularly hear from practice owners that they were never taught how to oversee the finances of their practices, and that they are nervous about the systems that are in place.
In the same way that a dental practice offers both restorative and preventative services, the team at Prosperident offers a well-designed service that applies both our expertise and experience to work to help you avoid potential embezzlement issues.
Prosperident’s Owner Proactive Strategies or OPS service is available only from Prosperident and is unlike anything else available to practice owners.
What is Owner Proactive Strategies?
OPS is a program designed to turn you into a confident practice owner. OPS has five cornerstones:
- Transaction Integrity Review – we review transactions from your practice management software to ensure that team members are performing at your standard.
- Financial Analysis – we review financial information and key performance indicators to confirm the financial health of your practice and to look for warning signs for misstatement.
- Vulnerability Reduction. Much embezzlement can be traced to deficient systems or a vacuum in a practice’s policies. We will help you uncover the weaknesses that can allow embezzlement to occur undetected so that you can address them. This review covers areas including practice management software security settings and user permissions, division of duties among team members, adjustments control and many other areas.
- Expense Control — we help you ensure good control over expenses to protect your income.
- Tool kit — we provide a series of incredibly valuable tools, checklists, and spreadsheets to help ensure smooth functioning of your practice and to deal with unusual situations.
The result? OPS creates confident practice owners who sleep well knowing that they have the right financial controls in place to lower their risk of being victims.
OPS is a “high-touch” service where one of our experienced Proactive Advisors will work one-on-one with you to achieve these objectives. Video meetings and using screen sharing to work together on your practice management software are two of the common collaboration methods that we use. We will walk with you every step of the way. Want to know more about our team? Click HERE.
We are 100% confident that using our Owner Proactive Strategies service is your best step forward for establishing policies, procedures, and systems that work as a shield against internal theft. We create reliable and straightforward actions specific to your practice to ensure that you have the highest level of protection.
OPS has been specifically designed for:
- Dentists with established practices who want to ensure they remain at low risk for embezzlement.
- Dentists who are purchasing an established practice and who want to ensure that they are not using a predecessor’s unevaluated policies and procedures, especially when the previous practitioner’s staff is retained.
- Dentists who are sure that they do not have embezzlement issues and want to keep it that way!
- Dental entrepreneurs, setting up multi-office practices that want to ensure consistency regarding office policy, procedures, and systems.
- Dentists who want more control over the financial operation of their practices without sacrificing clinical time to do so.
- Any dentist who has been a victim of embezzlement and wants to decrease the chance of it happening again.
The Numbers Don’t Lie
Published statistics suggest that more than 80% of dental offices will eventually succumb to internal theft, and of that appalling number, some practices will suffer from internal theft more than once. Sadly, since many employee thefts go undetected or unreported, the actual incidence is probably higher. In the case of multi-office practices, a higher prevalence is guaranteed! The average embezzler steals over $100,000 before being caught, and the monetary theft only begins to tell the full story since there are usually additional costs involved in recovery and remediation. Having a system like OPS in place to catch a thief in your offices as early as possible is vital.
Have questions or want to learn more?
Access our FAQ page HERE.
We would love to have the opportunity to talk with you about OPS and the benefits it will provide for your practice. It costs you nothing to have a chat with us about OPS or any of Prosperident’s other services. Just complete the Contact Us form and we will be happy to chat.
Wonder what our clients say about us? Click HERE to see our Google Reviews.