In the same way that a dental practice offers both restorative and preventative services, the team at Prosperident has designed a service that applies both our expertise and experience to work to help you avoid potential embezzlement issues.
Our Office Protection System or OPS service is available only from Prosperident and is unlike anything else available to practice owners. All of the tools you’ll need to make your practice efficient and secure are now readily available and easy for you to use, thanks to OPS. What is OPS? OPS is a thorough diagnostic review of your practice’s policies, procedures, and systems performed by one of our experienced OPS Specialists. In the course of this review, we examine more than 25 critical dental practice systems to identify weaknesses that could be exploited by either a larcenous employee or an outside party. We then use the information from our review to assist you in eliminating these vulnerabilities. Your OPS Specialist will also perform a function which we call “compliance auditing.” Compliance auditing involves us becoming your “eyes and ears” by using our forensic expertise to determine whether your team members comply with your policies. The specific tests we conduct vary from practice to practice depending on the policies you have. At the end of our review of your systems and staff compliance, we create a written, detailed report with our observations and recommendations for implementing the changes we see as necessary to your practice. The review areas include:
- Oversight by the practice owner
- Practice management software
- Human Resources
In addition to our written analysis and recommendations, we will schedule a series of three short virtual meetings between you and your OPS Specialist to go over how best to implement our recommendations. These virtual meetings allow you to ask questions and take advantage of having your OPS Specialist work along with you in real-time to ensure you feel comfortable performing the tasks that require your attention. The benefits of OPS for your practice:
- OPS teaches the essential skills required to monitor your practice’s financial performance efficiently. Many experienced practitioners have non-existent or flawed monitoring processes, and for new practice owners, implementing these tasks can seem overwhelming. Not to worry, we’ll teach you the skills necessary to ace these tasks.
- Your OPS Specialist will demystify some of the critical record-keeping functions performed by your office manager and bookkeeper so that you can understand the work of these vital people.
- We review the security settings and user permissions in your practice management software to ensure that your setup makes sense for you and works optimally, improving your cybersecurity.
- We enable you to increase team member accountability, increasing your confidence level in knowing that your practice is operating as it should.
- Many embezzlement victims end up learning a hard lesson – that their financial losses can be traced back directly to poor hiring practices. OPS will show you how to find out the information that a job applicant doesn’t want you to uncover as they go through your hiring process.
- Many practices suffer from a lack of documentation for policies and procedures. This vacuum creates vulnerability when critical team members leave, take their institutional knowledge with them, and create an “understanding gap” between team members and the practice owner. OPS provides you with more than twenty written policies that can easily be adapted and incorporated into your practice.
- Finally, OPS provides you with peace of mind by ensuring that you have the right systems in place, explicitly tailored to your practice, and that team member compliance with your policies is measurable.
We are 100% confident that using our Office Protection System service is your best bet for establishing policies, procedures, and systems that work as a shield against internal theft. We create reliable and straightforward actions specific to your practice to ensure that you have the highest level of protection. OPS has been specifically designed for:
- Dentists with established practices who want to ensure they remain at low risk for embezzlement.
- Dentists who are purchasing an established practice and who want to ensure that they are not using a predecessor’s unevaluated policies and procedures, especially when the previous practitioner’s staff is retained.
- Dentists who are sure that they do not have embezzlement issues and want to keep it that way!
- Dental entrepreneurs, setting up multi-office practices that want to ensure consistency regarding office policy, procedures, and systems.
- Dentists who want more control over the financial operation of their practices without sacrificing clinical time to do so.
- Any dentist who has been a victim of embezzlement and wants to decrease the chance of it happening again.
Have questions or want to learn more? We would love to have the opportunity to talk with you about OPS and the benefits it will provide your practice. It costs you nothing to have a chat with us about OPS or any of Prosperident’s other services. Just click on the button below, and we will be happy to contact you. The Numbers Don’t Lie Published statistics suggest that more than 80% of dental offices will eventually succumb to internal theft, and of that appalling number, some practices will suffer from internal theft more than once. Sadly, since many embezzlements go undetected or unreported, the actual incidence is probably higher. In the case of multi-office practices, a higher prevalence is guaranteed! The average embezzler steals over $100,000 before being caught, and the monetary theft only begins to tell the full story since there are usually additional costs involved in recovery and remediation. Having a system like OPS in place to catch a thief in your offices as early as possible is vital.