We hear regularly from practice owners that they were never taught how to oversee the finances of their practices, and that they are nervous about the systems that are in place.
In the same way that a dental practice offers both restorative and preventative services, the team at Prosperident offers a well-designed service that applies both our expertise and experience to work to help you avoid potential embezzlement issues.
Our Office Protection System or OPS service is available only from Prosperident and is unlike anything else available to practice owners.
What is OPS? OPS is a program designed to turn you into a confident practice owner. OPS has five cornerstones:
- Oversight. We will show you how to effectively oversee the finances of your practice in 15 minutes per day.
- Documentation. A huge vulnerability for many practice owners is that much of their “institutional knowledge” resides only in the head of their office manager. We will give you a great head start toward documenting your front-office processes.
- Staff Compliance Assessment. We act as your eyes and ears to determine whether staff are following your rules.
- Vulnerability Assessment and Reduction. Much embezzlement can be traced to deficient systems or a vacuum in a practice’s policies. We work with you to uncover and address the weaknesses that can allow embezzlement to occur undetected.
- Practice Owner Competence. At the end of this process, you will have an excellent grasp of your administrative and financial systems and will be confident in your ability to oversee your staff.
OPS is a “high-touch” service where one of our experienced specialists will work one-on-one with you to achieve these objectives. Video meetings and using screen sharing to work together on your practice management software are two of the common collaboration methods that we use. We will walk with you every step of the way.
We are 100% confident that using our Office Protection System service is your best step forward for establishing policies, procedures, and systems that work as a shield against internal theft. We create reliable and straightforward actions specific to your practice to ensure that you have the highest level of protection. OPS has been specifically designed for:
- Dentists with established practices who want to ensure they remain at low risk for embezzlement.
- Dentists who are purchasing an established practice and who want to ensure that they are not using a predecessor’s unevaluated policies and procedures, especially when the previous practitioner’s staff is retained.
- Dentists who are sure that they do not have embezzlement issues and want to keep it that way!
- Dental entrepreneurs, setting up multi-office practices that want to ensure consistency regarding office policy, procedures, and systems.
- Dentists who want more control over the financial operation of their practices without sacrificing clinical time to do so.
- Any dentist who has been a victim of embezzlement and wants to decrease the chance of it happening again.
The Numbers Don’t Lie Published statistics suggest that more than 80% of dental offices will eventually succumb to internal theft, and of that appalling number, some practices will suffer from internal theft more than once. Sadly, since many employee thefts go undetected or unreported, the actual incidence is probably higher. In the case of multi-office practices, a higher prevalence is guaranteed! The average embezzler steals over $100,000 before being caught, and the monetary theft only begins to tell the full story since there are usually additional costs involved in recovery and remediation. Having a system like OPS in place to catch a thief in your offices as early as possible is vital.
Have questions or want to learn more? We would love to have the opportunity to talk with you about OPS and the benefits it will provide your practice. It costs you nothing to have a chat with us about OPS or any of Prosperident’s other services. Just complete the Contact Us form and we will be happy to chat.