Litigation Support Services
Learn more about how our litigation support work from one of our experts, Scott Clifford
In litigation matters involving dentists, Prosperident is there to provide expert support for attorneys.
Some of the situations where we can assist are:
- Employee termination matters where the practice owner is looking to build a case for embezzlement or malfeasance on the part of an employee who has been terminated or is about to be.
- “Buyer’s Remorse,” where the purchaser of a practice believes that the seller misrepresented attributes of the practice.
- Disputes between owners of a practice, where misappropriation by one of the owners is an issue.
- Situations where a practice owner hired an independent contractor (e.g., consultant, bookkeeper, or accountant) and is concerned about negligence, misappropriation, or malfeasance on the part of that contractor
- Divorce matters involving dentists, where the maintainable income of the practice is in dispute.
We can help with:
- Determination of factual matters when facts are in dispute
- Assistance with the application of legal and contractual concepts to the dental context
- Provision of expert reports and expert witness testimony
- Analysis of, and rebuttal of, opposing expert reports
- Assistance with the development of discovery requests and deposition questions
- Analysis of information contained in practice management software
- Information recovery if passwords are lost or changed without authorization
If you are a dentist dealing with a litigation matter, either as a plaintiff or defendant, or you are a lawyer representing a client, we are happy to discuss how we might assist.